Science and Technology Development Journal (STDJ), Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM) was established in 1997. And the first issue was published in January 1998 with ISSN 1859-0128. Since then, STDJ has become the most important scientific forum of scientists from VNU-HCM as well as other universities. The magazine has undergone 20 years of development and has become a bridge for scientific exchanges, as well as enriching reference materials for the faculty, doctoral students, students of VNU-HCM in particular and other universities, institutes…
By the end of 2016, the journal has published 276 issues with 2714 research articles in five areas of research: Engineering and Technology, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Economics of Law and Management Sciences, Earth Sciences and Environment corresponding to 5 specialized journals of the Journal.
The journal has been widely indexed in the various libraries at Vietnam. To increase the international audiences, STDJ will be published fulltexts in English from Vol 21 (2018).
2. Focus and Scope
The journal currently consists of the following five sections:
• Engineering and Technology: the Journal is not limited to a specific aspect of engineering Technology but is instead devoted to a wide range of subfields in the engineering sciences. While it encourages a broad spectrum of contribution in the engineering sciences, its core interest lies in issues concerning material modeling and response: Mechanical Engineering; Electrical & Electronics Engineering; Petroleum Engineering; Chemical Engineering; Systems Engineering; Process Engineering; Agriculture Engineering; Aerospace Engineering; Applied Engineering; Interdisciplinary.
• Natural Sciences: The journal that focuses on every aspects of fundamental and applied sciences research. The journal seeks to publish experimental, computational and theoretical studies of fundamental and applied sciences, engineering, and technology and health sciences. The journal is devoted to related sciences and publishes articles from around the world presenting results of major research from all earth sciences.
• Social Sciences and Humanities: The journal publishes research papers in the fields of humanities and social science such as anthropology, business studies, communication studies, corporate governance, criminology, crosscultural studies, demography, development studies, economics, education, ethics, geography, history, industrial relations, information science, international relations, law, linguistics, library science, media studies, methodology, philosophy, political science, population Studies, psychology, public administration, sociology, social welfare, linguistics, literature, paralegal, performing arts (music, theatre & dance), religious studies, visual arts, women studies and so on.
• Law, Economy and Management: The aim of the journal is to render the publication of scientific and technical work for the target group of university teachers and researchers, experts in law, management, economics and make room for an intensive exchange of information and ideas. The journal provides opportunity for presenting the latest expertise, research results and knowledge base to extend the rights of management and economics.
• Earth and Environmental Sciences : The journal is concerned with all aspects of interaction between humans, natural resources and ecosystem, special climates or unique geographic zones and the earth. Subject areas: Water, and soil contamination caused by waste managment; environmental problems associated with transportation by land, air and water. Geological processes that may impact biosystems or humans.
• Health Sciences: It includes work from basic science, clinical science, dental, nursing and other related medical fields.